3.05.2011

Breakthrough

Ever have one of those super-productive insomniac sessions late at night, when you're like, well I can't sleep so I might as well write my term paper?

That just happened to me this morning. It was like, bam! Decision making time. Just like those late night brainstorms, I know I better get it all done before it goes away.

The Bedrooms
We live in a tiny, almost 3 bedroom bungalow. I say almost 3, because the third bedroom is really just a glorified closet without it's own separate entrance. So, why not embrace that and make the current master bedroom into the nursery, the guest room into the master, and the attached third bedroom into a HUGE walk in closet? It could be epic. I still want us to continue sleeping in the "nursery" for a while, though because LO is going to be in a co-sleeper anyway.

Wedding Leftovers
I was looking at photos of our wedding for our anniversary (last Sunday!) and I realized this morning that quite a bit of that decor and clothing can be repurposed for a Welcome Baby party. We still have paper lanterns, table cloths, fabric galore, my adorable wedding shift and headband, cookie platters and vintage suitcase.

Welcome Baby Potluck
The Hubs and I have agreed to have a Welcome Baby Potluck with our family. Guests will bring vegetarian or seafood meals that can go in the freezer and be easily reheated. I've already decided to make simple sugar cookies (my favorite, a la those seen at Sycamore Street Press's shower for little Ingrid) that can be baked and frozen ahead of time. I figure, add some bagels and keep the coffee coming and we have a nice little brunch/afternoon tea.

I think that's about it for decision making.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember the Golden Rule.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...