Look who's wearing her cloth diapers! And smiling.
These are the Bum Genius 3.0s that I won second hand off of Ebay summer 2010. Since then, I had snaps and new elastic put in. The original cost for the diapers (20 covers, plus 20 newborn inserts and 20 regular inserts) was a total steal at $120. Retrofitting them to be like the 4.0s cost an additional $100 (at about $5 per diaper, done by a local WAHM). That's $11 per diaper, which is still an amazing deal for a set of diapers that will continue to fit our baby for years to come.
However, a certain little person did not appreciate thriftiness. I may have even claimed at one point that she "hated" them. Every time I put on a clean diaper, she would immediately wet it, and then cry.
In addition, the diapers were just too darn big. I have a pretty chunky baby, with chubby thighs, and the sides still didn't fit. The inseam was huge (even on the smallest snaps) and she looked like Erkel with her underpants pulled up to her armpits.
Now, at 15lbs and 17 weeks (and wearing a size 2 in 'sposies), they finally fit like a glove. A glove that gets poo-poo'd on.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Remember the Golden Rule.