(Image above from Ohdeedoh here.)Here's my list of high quality DIY gifts for the wee ones (and something for Mama or Daddy). Most are from Etsy, although the first is available on Amazon. Not only do they support indie crafters, but they also give that handmade thrill for (mostly) very little effort.
Mobile Art: Papers, Designs, and Instructions for Making Twenty Stunning Mobiles (Crafts) by Chronicle Books Staff for $14.56.
We actually already bought this book and are excited to crank out some mobiles for Amanda over break.
Toy Kit Personalized Fleece Rattle for $14 + $2 S&H. (Silver Spoon)
Toy Kit Baby Rattle Mushroom for $5 + $1.25 S&H.
These are both soft options for learning how to play and make noise.
DIY Kit, Organic Reversible Baby Shoes, Orchid Wildflowers for $16 + $2.50 S&H.
PDF Sewing Pattern Kimono Baby Shoes 6 Sizes DIY for $4.50. (Just pattern, no materials)
I seem drawn to baby shoes, even though I know that they're ridiculous at this age. But they're so cute!
Sock Monkey Kit - Pink Strips for $20 + $12 S&H.
Sock Monkey Pattern Booklet Only $6 + $4 S&H. (Just pattern, no materials)
These sock monkeys make me so nostalgic, but they're much cuter than the old-fashioned variety. Plus, I love that she sells the book separately if you already have the socks.
Gray Skies PDF Quilt Pattern $9.50. (Just pattern, no materials)
Please make this quilt, somebody, so that we can all see how gorgeous it is.
Apples and Pears Reversible Pinafore DIY Kit - Learn to Sew for $13.99 + $3.50.
This seller needs to come back from vacay so that I can buy this.
Scandi Style Screen Printed Retro 'Tilda' Rag Doll Kit by Jane Foster for $18 + $4 S&H.
There are many things I love about this design, not in the least its orangeness.
Vintage Collection Table Runner Kit in YELLOW for $13 + $1.25.
Love the retro Cathrine Holm vibe. I will so be drinking my tea (or coffee) with this.
DIY Kit Embroidered Necklace for $23 + $3.50.
That one is reserved, but I'm sure a quick convo with the seller would get you your own.
So, this is the end of the round-up. I'll be keeping busy with several projects I've been meaning to finish over break.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Remember the Golden Rule.