8.03.2011

A Peek Inside Our Hospital Bag


I love rainy day mornings! I strolled leisurely over to the neighborhood grocery store (Walmart) this morning, after a quick trip around the Botanic Gardens, to pick up some essentials for our hospital bag. While I'm at it, I'll go ahead and show you our baby bath/changing/nursing supplies (since there's a lot of overlap).

Hospital Bag
  • I'm packing up our Boden Diaper Bag, with the front pocket for LO and the larger middle pocket for my personal items.
  • The Sharpie (LOL) markers I already had (I'm a teacher, so labeling things comes naturally) and I purchased Great Value Quart Freezer Bags and Gallon Freezer Bags ($1.76 each box).
  • Two sets (one for the Hubs and me) of sweet and salty snacks went into one bag: Luna Bars ($0.98 each bar), Cliff Bars ($0.98 each bar), Goldfish crackers ($0.98 each box).
  • A nursing bag contains 2 cloth nursing pads (free, gift), a pair of disposable nursing pads (free, Motherhood Maternity), a burp cloth (previously bought, Ebay), an Avent Soothie ($3.74 for two), and a tube of Lansinoh Lanolin Creme ($9.97).
  • My toiletries include 3 Hanes Cotton Hipsters (previously bought, Walmart), 3 Equate Regular Maxi Pads ($4.98 for 48 pack), Tom's of Maine Unscented Deodorant ($4.66), a pack of Equate Naturally Gentle Wipes ($0.97 for 40 wipes) and Dr. Bronner's Unscented Baby-Mild Pure-Castille Soap ($2.99 for 2 oz, bought at camping store).
  • A nursing top (previously bought, Gap), pajama bottoms (ditto) and current issue of Dwell magazine,
  • A newborn Carter's hoodie and pants set (free, gift), a tie-dye 0-3 months Gerber Snap Tee (previously bought, Target), a pair of hand mitts (free, gift) and hat (ditto) and
  • Three Huggies Little Snugglers Diapers ($8.97 for 36).
Nursing/Changing Bag
  • I am repurposing a Room Essentials Shower Caddy (previously bought, Target) as an in-house supply station that can easily be carted from changing table to living room couch.
  • Nursing supplies are four of the burp cloths, a soothie, two water bottles (for me!), lanolin creme, and a pair of cloth nursing pads.
  • Changing supplies are a tube of Boudreaux's Butt Paste ($4.88), 6 diapers, a package of wipes, and a swaddling blanket (free, gift).
Bath Tray
  • Yet another find is a plastic bath tray (previously bought, Target) that fits neatly over the side of the tube as well as in the top of my largest woven basket.
  • LO's toiletries are a pair of Tweezerman Cuticle Scissors (previously bought, Bed, Bath and Beyond) for trimming tiny fingernails, a 1 oz bottle of sweet almond oil, a jar of Yes to Carrots Body Butter (previously bought, Walgreens), Wise Ways Herbals Beautiful Belly Balm (free, gift), Q-Tips Purse Pack ($0.97 for 30), Cotton Rounds ($2.04 for 100), Witch Hazel ($1.54 for 16 fl oz), a bottle of Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser ($5.97 for 8 fl oz), a jar of Vaseline ($1.47 for 1.75 oz), and Actavis Infants' Ibuprofen ($4.96 for 1/2 fl oz).
Misc.
  • For those first early visitors, I found a bottle of Germ-X Hand Sanitizer ($2.47 for 7 fl oz) to keep at hand.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry we didn't get around to this task while I was visiting. Looks like you've got everything under control. You might want to buy a (water soluable) ink pad to keep on hand so you can get those precious hand and footprints during the first few days. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Remember the Golden Rule.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...