6.03.2011

Tutorial: How to Make Fabric Wall Decals


(Create a template - I used cheap-o wrapping paper from Target - for your shape. Trace around it onto the fusible webbing with a pencil. Weigh down paper and webbing so the layers don't slide around!)
(Cut out shape on fusible webbing. Remove sticky side - the side that will be more difficult to remove - and place webbing on wrong side of fabric. Smooth out bubbles.)
(Cut away extra fabric.)
(Find a location on the wall where you want to stick the decal. Level one side with a piece of painting tape.)
(Remove other side of webbing, and position decal on wall. Adjust so that it aligns with leveled tape. When ready to more permanently install, iron over fabric on low.)


The original tutorial for this was written by blogger Sewing for Scarlett. I adapted it so that I could make more clouds, as inspired by this post on Ohdeedoh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember the Golden Rule.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...