4.30.2011

Stuff for Mama

I just pre-ordered this lovely embroidery sampler for the summer. It might go in LO's room or I might keep it for myself (I say this as if the nursery were not primarily for mama)... it was just too pretty to resist.

Alicia Paulson, blogger and crafty person extraordinaire, really sold it to me on this description:

I designed this little sampler using 26 different fonts from my big collection of vintage clip-art and lettering books. Although at first glance it may look complicated, it uses many simple stitches you probably already know how to do, including straight stitch, backstitch, stem stitch, lazy daisy stitch, satin stitch, blanket stitch, and French knot.

As I said on the blog, I had kind of a Sister-Golden-Hair thing going on in my mind as I designed it, and I like to think of you sitting on your porch in a halter top and bare feet, drinking peach iced tea, working on this as you watch the dandelions bloom and the summer unfold.

I also spotted these adorable chevron calling cards and noted that Urban Outfitters is now jumping on the bandwagon as well with an affordable version of the zig-zag dhurrie. Call it Granny Chic Baby ('cause we all know they love Gran's house).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember the Golden Rule.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...