1.12.2011

Eating for Fertility

(Eat more alkaline foods such as veggies, fruits, sprouts...)
(Get at least two and a half ounces of protein every day... more plant and less animal.)
(Drink tea.)

One of my book club assignments for Making Babies is to reread the section on "Eating to Conceive" and to make an action plan for changes to make to what I eat. Since I'm mostly a vegetarian (I eat seafood as well) I am pretty conscious of what I eat anyway.

Working full-time makes me lazy though, and more often than not I drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the a.m., followed by no breakfast, a tiny lunch (having a full stomach in the afternoon makes me sleepy), whatever can I scramble together in the afternoon when I get home, and then a dinner of pizza or nachos. Completely craptastic.

The two most important steps for me to probably take are:
  • Make eating a positive activity (i.e., plan for it and buy food that I like in advance)
  • Don't strictly limit what kinds of food or how much food you eat (which means I need to shoot for some diversity in what I eat)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember the Golden Rule.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...