1.29.2011

Aaah, acupuncture!

Had my first acupuncture appointment today. It took about 2 hours and was $40 (going to an acupuncture school).

First, the acupuncturist went over all the systems of the body with me in an extensive questionnaire. Then she consulted with her teacher. Next, the teacher came in to talk with me and see me. (I think I'd thrown them a little b/c when I made the appointment last week I had said that I was doing it for fertility, and now I'm PG.)

During the treatment, the acupuncturist put a needle in each of my wrists and several in each foot. She massaged the points, and I hardly felt the needles going in. I did feel it while she was turning the needles, though, but nothing like giving a blood sample.

Towards the end, she used a kind of smudge stick to warm my feet and she rubbed them (this was awesome). I had a hard time relaxing my feet, since I was conscious of the needles, but it was very soothing. Lastly, she took the needles out and triple-checked that she didn't leave any in.

I'm going to start going every week, since my BFF also goes. We're making a little lunch then acupuncture date every Friday.

Oh, and the result? All of my foot and calf pain went completely away. They're still a bit stiff, but I feel soooooooooo much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember the Golden Rule.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...